My February resolution my happiness project is Work and Career.
Why work and career? It is because:
- My career has been one of the important thing in my life, other than my family. For me, my career had defined me in one way or another.
- It's the time for yearly goal and target setting, including for the development planning. So putting work and career as focus in the month of February would be very timely.
- I would be traveling a few times. Since I would be spending my time alone at night, it would be best used for doing reflection about my career.
There are 3 questions that become my focus on Work and Career:
- How to make my work more effective and efficient?
- How to build my expertise?
- How to build my network?
I will not get into too ambitious. I will just pick 1 or 2 specific things for each of the questions, and do every day (well... I tried to anyway...) :
- Process my inbox everyday. I used David Allen's Getting Thing's Done as a reference.
- Do 3 MITs (Most Important Task) first thing in the morning. I liked Leo Babauta's Zen Habit for decluttering your life, even though I'm still so far away from implementing any of it. :)
- Learn a daily lesson. There are 3 key learning area that I'd like to focus: self improvement on productivity, career development and expertise in human resources, specifically employee relation, labor relations and M&A (merger and acquisition). Every small article, page of the books or blogs I've read that day, I would consider that as learning.
- Share, share, share. Share what I've learn that day through discussion with friends, twitter, facebook, linkedin or blogging.
*the picture is taken from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/?CTT=97 *